The Future of Europe Scholarship is aimed at future policymakers and leaders who are passionate about European cooperation, who wish to analyse and respond to existing and upcoming new complexities on the continent and who would like to pursue careers in European affairs.
- Available for the Master of Public Policy or Master of International Affairs
- Open to applicants of all nationalities
- One full scholarship worth 34,500 euros
Who is it for?
Applicants with demonstrated interest in European cooperation, either academically or professionally, who wish to pursue a degree in public policy or international affairs.
How to apply
- First, submit a standard application to the MPP or MIA programme.
- Additionally, answer one of the following questions in a brief essay:
- How likely is it that the “Next Generation EU” package paves the way for a European fiscal union?
- The European External Action Service celebrated its ten-year anniversary in December 2020. Which problems of EU external action was it supposed to solve, and how do you assess its track record?
- Can bureaucratic responsiveness reduce the EU’s democratic deficit?
The additional essay should be sent to grad-admissions[at]hertie-school[dot]org after a standard application has been submitted. The essay should be approximately two pages in length.
Interested applicants should submit their applications and motivation statements before 1 February. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
For more information please open this link