What does climate change look like?
Every picture tells a story – and we want to see yours. We’re now accepting applications for the GLF Climate 2022 Photo Competition. Whether you’re a professional or amateur, nature or urban photographer, we’d love to see your perspective on the impacts of climate change, as well as ways we can tackle it.
Send us your best pictures on how the climate crisis is impacting your landscape – or how your local community is dealing with it. Whether it’s a story on drought, floods and other climate disasters, or how people are acting to reverse rising temperatures, we want the world to see it.
Entries will be accepted until 16 October. Finalists will be announced on 26 October and requested to send a short video message telling us the story of their picture. The winners will be announced on 11 November at GLF Climate 2022 alongside COP27 in Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt. The best photos and short videos will be displayed at the GLF Climate Art Gallery.
Good luck, and we look forward to receiving your submissions!
- Cash prizes of USD 400 (1st prize), USD 300 (2nd prize) and USD 200 (popular vote).
- A spread and interview in Landscape News.
- A showcase at the GLF Climate 2022 Art Gallery.
- The GLF Climate Photo Competition is open to anyone aged 18 or above, whether you’re a photo enthusiast or a professional photographer.
- Photos from any country will be accepted.
- By submitting the photo, the participant guarantees that their participation follows the rules and agrees with the terms of this competition.
- Photos that have previously won other photographic contests will not be considered.
How to participate
- To participate, upload your photo here.
- Each photograph consists of a single entry. You may submit multiple entries, but you can only win a maximum of one prize.
- The uploaded file must include the photo’s title, your name and contact information, including email address, social media handles (if applicable), a caption listing the subject and location, and a short description of the story behind the picture.
- You must have the full copyright to the submitted photos. Therefore, by submitting your entries, you will be presumed to have agreed to accept the contest rules and the terms and conditions.
- The photograph submitted must not include a watermark, signature or caption.
All entries will be reviewed by a panel of judges selected by the GLF, who will select at least 25 photos from all eligible submissions received during the competition period. Finalists will be chosen based on the following criteria:
- Creativity (30%)
- Photographic quality (30%)
- Composition (30%)
- Execution of theme (10%)
The GLF will publish the finalist entries on its online platforms. The panel of judges will choose the first and second prize winners from the finalist entries, while members of the public will be invited to vote online for their favorite entry. The photo with the most votes will receive the ‘popular vote’ award. The GLF team will ensure that the first prize, second prize and popular vote winners are all selected from different participants.
The GLF team will email all finalists in mid-October. They will be invited to share a short video message about their photo and work. The best videos will be exhibited in our art gallery at GLF Climate 2022 (more information to be announced).
Looking for inspiration? Check out the videos from the first and second prize winners of the GLF Africa 2022 Photo Competition.
For more information please open this link