Job no: 544168
Contract type: Internship
Categories: Education, Early Childhood Development
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a champion
Education is UNICEF China’s key programme area in the Country Programme 2021-2025, aiming to ensure that more disadvantaged and vulnerable children in China are adequately prepared to start school and are learning and acquiring skills in an inclusive, healthy and safe environment. The programme will employ a combination of upstream work to inform and shape policies, guidelines and curriculum, with downstream work to support uptake of national policies and reforms, and to co-create scalable models, building the skills of teachers and students, improve school and kindergarten environments, and demonstrate child-friendly teaching and learning, and promote alternative learning pathways for out-of-school adolescents.
How can you make a difference?
We are offering a great internship opportunity now to the university student majored in Education or Psychology. The selected student will have opportunities to contribute to UNICEF China’s work in preschool education. Main activities include literature review, policy research, translation, editing and compiling documents and preparing presentations. To be specific, you are expected to take the following internship duties:
- Assisting in documentation of UNICEF-MOE (Ministry of Education) Early Childhood Education projects, including but not limited to facts checking, collecting and summarizing the related information, editing and layout design etc.
- Providing research assistance on Anji Play, including preparing meeting documents, meeting minutes, Anji Play impact study plan etc.
- Translating project documents from Chinese into English or vice versa, including but not limited to project proposals, donor reports and communication materials.
- Other duties as assigned, including administrative tasks when required.
- Modality: both fulltime or part time are acceptable
- Tentative start date: Mid-September 2021
- Duration: 3 months
- Venue: on-site or online working
- Stipend: This is an internship opportunity with stipend provided.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will…
- Be enrolled in a degree programme in an undergraduate (above 18 years old) or postgraduate study.
- Have academic background in education or psychology.
- Have strong academic performance as demonstrated by recent university or institution records, or, if not available, a reference letter from an academic supervisor.
- Have no immediate relatives working in any UNICEF offices.
- Fluency in English and Mandarin is required.
every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
Click here to learn more about UNICEF’s values and competencies.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: China Standard Time
Deadline: China Standard Time