Call for entries for Lexus Design Award 2021 begins today and will close on October 11th at 23:59 CET.
WHAT’S NEEDED TO APPLY?
Project Description:- Name of project
– One Line Short Description (Within 15 words)
– Full Description (Within 250 words)
– Include information on the background of the work, production / manufacturing process, materials used for construction and any facts or details you think are needed to fully explain your work.
How your work makes the world a better place considering 3 judging criteria:
1. Anticipate: How does your design anticipate the user experience and ultimately benefit society? (100 words)
2. Innovate: How is your design original and innovative? (100 words)
3. Captivate: How does your design captivate people? (100 words)
– Images: 2 images are mandatory; one main image of your work and one image that demonstrates how your work would function or be used. 6 additional images are optional.
Invitation to exhibit at Milan Design Week at Lexus Design Event.
World-class Mentoring Workshop in New York City.
Funding to bring your design to life.
Subject to change. See Official Rules for more details.
Six Finalists will be chosen and prototypes of their submitted proposals will be exhibited at the 2021 Lexus Design Event at Milan Design Week, where the Grand Prix winner will be announced.
Before the Grand Prix selection event, Finalists will participate in a workshop with world class design professionals serving as Mentors to develop their prototypes. There will be continual follow-up by the Mentors as the Finalists develop their designs into physical prototypes. Prototype production costs up to 3 million JPY (over $25,000 USD), including tax, will be covered.
2020 MENTORING WORKSHOP
INTERSECT BY LEXUS – NYC, the brand’s unique lifestyle space, served as the 2020 workshop venue. After the workshop, Finalists benefited from their Mentors’ guidance and support via one-on-one online mentoring sessions, which stimulated their creative evolution in preparing their works for the final judging process.
Philippe Malouin, Joe Doucet, Shohei Shigematsu, and Bethan Gray served as Mentors for Lexus Design Award 2020. Past Mentors include Jaime Hayon (2019), Neri & Hu (2015 – 2017), and Snarkitecture (2016 – 2017). The new Mentors for Lexus Design Award 20201 will be announced this fall.
For more information please open this link