Under the direct supervision of the Procurement Specialist and under the guidance from the Head of Support Services, the Procurement Associate ensures the provision of efficient and timely support services in procurement and contract administration to the different projects/ programmes in UNOPS Geneva.S/he promotes a client-focused, quality and results- oriented approach and provides support to the relevant procurement personnel. In the discharge of her/his duties, the Procurement Associate works with minimal supervision and liaises with UNOPS Programme Support Officers, Chief Technical Advisors, Portfolio Managers and Portfolio Assistants in order to ensure best support.
Summary of Key results area:
- Transactional Procurement Support services
- Procurement planning, requisitions and sourcing
- Bidding and tendering processes
- Contract administration
- Knowledge Building and Knowledge Sharing
Transactional Procurement Support services
Administers a range of transactional-procurement support activities, ensuring compliance with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies, including the following:
- Incorporation of necessary steps to embed sustainability in the procurement process.
- Completeness of submissions to the Contract and Property Committees (CPCs).
- Completeness of documentation for preparation/processing of Purchase Orders, Contracts, LTAs or their Amendments.
- Provision of requested research/data on market supply by conducting routine market research to determine sources of supplies, using United Nations Global Market Place, and other external sources.
- Set-up/enhancement and maintenance of the local supplier database, ensuring regular update of data.
- Information databases, all procurement files and records updated and maintained.
- Status reports generated, as required.
- Availability of all supporting documents for audit and review purposes.
Procurement planning, requisitions and sourcing
Administratively and technically supports the office’s planning, requisitions/procurement and sourcing support processes, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Collaboration with projects personnel and Managers in the preparation of their procurement plan, awarding, administering and monitoring of all matters related to procurement for the given geographical area / project activity.
- Maintenance and update of procurement monitoring processes for projects and provision of feedback on purchase orders to requesting office;
- Provision of proposals to requesting entity on modes for providing goods, works and services, including procurement deadlines for each stage;
- Review of requisitions for completeness;
- Preparation of proper and complete specification for equipment and materials, Job Profiles and Statement of Works for the preparation of RFP, RFQ and ITB, ensuring clearance/approval by respective units of the requests.
- Constant liaison with vendors and consignee until safe delivery of goods is achieved.
- Drafting of letters, memoranda, faxes, email, etc.; monitoring of progress and liaison with vendors during the entire procurement cycle; investigation and resolution of post-order problems and of progress reports on procurement matters;
- Oral/written responses to queries from projects, clients, companies, etc. regarding procurement related matters
- Preparation of monthly reports on procurement matters;
- Liaison with the logistics unit or projects on receipt of goods, equipments and services in view of obtaining proper delivery report, RIR (Receipt and Inspection Report), or relevant certificates and that proper inventory is taken;
Bidding and tendering processes
Undertakes or supervises technical support to bidding and tendering processes, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Preparation of shortlists of suitable contractors/suppliers for purchases of value over designated amounts for approval of designated officers.
- Preparation and issuance of EOI, RFQ, ITB, RFP or other tender documents as required, ensuring their conformity with UNOPS approved templates or seeking legal clearance in case of required adjustments.
- Together with the requesting programme/operations clients, support review and evaluation of bids or proposals received and preparation of analysis for less-complex, contract awards and for submission to the LCPC or other, statutory, designated body.
- Preparation of HQCPC, or designated body, submission together with the requesting programme/operations component.
- Organizing of LCPC (or designated, statutory body) meetings as may be required, and circulating at least 24 hours in advance documents for review.
- Maintenance of records of LCPC or designated, statutory body.
Supports efficient contract administration, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Support supplier performance monitoring.
- Review contract amendments/ extensions proposals submitted by project/ programmes.
- Raise of receipts in UNOPS ERP system.
- Support payment process, reviewing supporting documents.
- Follow-up signing of contracts by vendors.
- Dissemination of contract advertisement and awards.
- Maintenance of contracts and filing system.
- Maintenance of databases/rosters of best suppliers, contractors and service providers, activities and statistics.
Knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Organizes, facilitates and/or delivers training and learning initiatives for personnel on procurement
- Provides sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice by synthesizing of lessons learnt and dissemination of best practices in procurement
- Collects feedback, ideas, and internal knowledge about processes and best practices and utilize productively