Info:Women Entrepreneurs In The Middle East, North Africa And Turkey
Available for Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine, Tunisia, Turkey
She Entrepreneurs is a leadership programme for highly motivated women entrepreneurs in the Middle East, North Africa and Turkey who are building successful and sustainable businesses with the potential to make a difference in their societies. In the past ten years that the programme has been running, many successful entrepreneurs received support that helped them expand.
She Entrepreneurs is a practical and hands-on leadership training based on real business experiences, collaborative learning and participant-centric design. The programme provides tangible tools, insights and connections for participants who want to grow their businesses and develop as entrepreneurs, as well as leaders.
The programme runs over six months. It is delivered online with regular workshops and mentor support.
If you are ready to take your business to the next level and want to become part of a strong network of likeminded women who can support and inspire you on your journey – then She Entrepreneurs is the programme for you.
She Entrepreneurs will give you:
- The opportunity to plan and strategise for your business in an inspiring and collaborative learning environment.
- Regular support and input through sessions with expert mentors on an individual level as well as through group coaching.
- Increased self-awareness as a leader and deepened understanding of how to build effective and motivated teams, while also taking care of your own work-life balance and long-term wellbeing.
- Increased knowledge on topics such as business development, communication, business innovation, crisis management, growing through partnerships, finance and funding.
- New perspectives on responsible and sustainable business practices from a social and an environmental perspective, as well as tangible tools for measuring your value creation.
- A strong and active community of likeminded women.
Can I apply?
You are welcome to submit your application if you are a woman entrepreneur between the age of 22 and 45 (born 1976 – 2000) with a business that:
- is already operational and ready to expand;
- has the potential to develop a financially sustainable business model, generate a positive social impact, and contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals;
- is based in Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine, Tunisia or Turkey.
In addition, you should:
- have a proficient command of both written and spoken English;
- be willing to pay it forward by contributing at least two hours of pro bono mentorship to a junior entrepreneur in your home country during the programme.
Please note that we are not able to make any exceptions to the eligibility requirements.
She Entrepreneurs runs for six months (April – September, 2022) and consists of regular workshops, learning groups and mentor support online.
- Online training
The training is set up with a highly practical approach that allows you to apply learnings and insights directly to your business. Regular online workshops are organised on different topics that help you grow your turnover and operations, build a resilient leadership and team, and increase your social or environmental contribution. The workshops are led by experienced entrepreneurs and trainers. Joint workshops and smaller learning groups give plenty of opportunities to meet other entrepreneurs in similar situations and to make new connections.
- The training kicks off with a one-hour introduction meeting, followed by two half-day sessions (21 – 22 April). The seminars that follow are typically held every second week during 1.5 – 2 hours on Friday mornings, plus 1 hour of individual preparations.
- Online mentorship
At the start of the programme, you are matched with an individual mentor that will support you throughout the programme. You can also sign up for optional group mentoring sessions with thematic experts on topics that are requested among the participants.
Costs covered and arranged by Swedish Institute
- Training and content
Only applicants who have submitted a complete application will be considered for the programme. To apply for She Entrepreneurs, please go to the application portal: Apply online! – Swedish Institute: Leadership application portal (si.se)
These are the steps you need to go through to submit your application
- Register your profile in the application portal
- Select what programme you would like to apply for
- Answer all the questions in the different sections in the application portal (sections in the left hand menu).
- Upload your CV under the document section.
- When you have submitted your application you will get a confirmation email.We are wishing you the best of luck!
2. Evaluation of applications
The Swedish Institute appoints a selection committee consisting of senior entrepreneurs and field experts. Each application is evaluated by two different members of the selection committee.
Each application is evaluated according to the following criteria:
- The potential of the applicant’s business:
– to develop a financially sustainable business model
– to contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals
- The applicant’s drive, motivation and commitment.
Out of all applicants, around 60 shortlisted candidates are called for interviews as a second step in the selection process. The interviews are conducted online.
SI contacts 30 selected applicants by email and offers them a place in the programme. SI also composes a list of reserve candidates in case a second selection round is needed. Unfortunately, because of the large number of applicants to a limited number of seats, we have to turn down many highly qualified people.
For more information please open this link