Deadline: 21 August 2018
Open to: international applicants
Benefits: contract duration 2 years and annual base salary
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIESThe principal duties of the incumbent are:- Develop department work plan, based on inputs from Country support and UN collaboration teams.– Track progress and prepare quarterly reports on technical and financial status of implementation of the WPs.
– Contribute to production of policy papers, analytical briefs, internal reports on country presence and intelligence for submission to senior management.
– Develop plans and assist in coordinating theimplementation of major meetings of the Department namely Global Meeting of Heads of WHO Offices, Global Induction of newly appointed HWOs.
– Prepare the credentials for the new HWOs and update the data base on HWOs in all regions.
– Provide technical support to G-level staff in procurement of technical services such as consultants; preparation of activity proposals for funding and approvals from internal mechanisms.
– Prepare the HR plans, monitor budget allocation and expenditure for the positions in Department and propose corrective measures when needed, while ensuring that staff PMDs and dully completed and recruitments of staff and interns and followed according to WHO rules and regulations.
– Coordinate Country support unit network activities and events as per network plan.
– Maintain and periodically update WHO Country presence portal as an organizational intelligence and information platform.
– Collect, synthesize and develop good practices and successes emerging from country offices and reflect in relevant organizational reports for governing bodies and public dissemination.
– Provide project management support to the Department for critical activities as and when required.
– Perform any other duties as assigned.