Note: The application deadline for YLP Japanese Scholarship is different for different countries.
Applications for the Young Leaders’ Programs by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) Japan, are now open. This scholarship gives international students the opportunity to undertake masters programs in various fields such as local governance, law, business administration, Public administration and health administration in Japan. MEXT undergraduate scholarships are also available for international students.
The Young Leaders’ Program (YLP) aims to contribute to cultivate future national leaders in Asian and other countries, to contribute to establish friendly relationship among various countries and to improve policy planning activities by forming a network among national leaders through deepening their understanding of Japan. The YLP is one of the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship Programs.
COURSES for 2019-2020:
- SCHOOL OF GOVERNMENT COURSE
- SCHOOL OF LOCAL GOVERNANCE COURSE
- HEALTHCARE ADMINISTRATION COURSE
- BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION COURSE
- LAW COURSE
The young leaders’ program was launched in 2001 by the Ministry of Education, science, and technology, sports and culture of the Japanese government. It is a yearlong scholarship that aids in preparation and empowerment of young people with leadership roles from various parts of the globe in their chosen study fields. The available scholarship is for the Master’s program.
- Each grantee is awarded a monthly allowance of 242,000 yen for the scholarship term which is subjected to changes depending on the Japanese annual budget. The amount is not payable to a grantee who is absent in their assigned university or those who take absence leave.
- Transport cost to Japan:
The MEXT grants a grantee with an economy-class flight ticket from their nearest home international airport to Haneda or Narita international airport. Domestic expenses such as special travel taxes,