Earn a Masters in Development Practice from one of the top ten schools in the world: The Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota. The scholarship is administered by Newton Education Services on behalf of Sawiris Foundation for Social Development.
- University tuition
- Living expenses
- Health insurance
- Travel expenses
For more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Country: United States of America
- Egyptian national residing in Egypt (preference will not be given to dual nationality holders).
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a well reputed academic institution in a related field of study.
- Demonstrate a minimum of two years of work experience in the field of development.
- Satisfy the entry requirements into the academic MDP program.
- Demonstrate excellent professional and academic track record.
- The scholarships are awarded based on financial need as well as merit and character demonstrated through academic excellence, extracurricular activities, and social behavior.
- While no specific academic track is required, students with a strong liberal arts education background and sound quantitative and analytical skills will be best prepared for academic success at the Humphrey School of Public Affairs.
- Previous coursework in mathematics, statistics, and economics is recommended.
- English language proficiency is required. Valid TOEFL or IELTS, exam date should be within two years of graduate program start. Minimum required scores: 79 ( TOEFL internet – based, minimum 21 in writing and 19 in reading ), or 6.5 (IELTS, minimum 6.5 in writing and 6.5 in reading).
- Commitment to work in the development sector in Egypt following graduation from YLSS Program for no less than two (2) consecutive years.
- Applicants are committed to provide a proof of income.
- Completed application form including the personal statement.
- Copy of valid passport ID page.
- Updated resume.
- All undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) transcripts.
- TOEFL/IELTS valid score.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- One personal photo.
- HR letter from current employer including salary/salary slip or a bank statement in case of unemployment.
|Activity||Period of implementation|
|Scholarship official announcement||May to mid-October of each year|
|Personal Interviews with the shortlisted candidates||Early November of each year|
|Announcing the selected scholars and filling the university admission application||Mid of November to mid of December of each year|
|University decision||March of each year|
|Beginning of academic year at Minnesota University||Late August/early September of each year|
- Project StatusOngoing
Interested candidates must submit two separate applications to the Newton Education Services and to the Humphrey School by their respective deadlines:
- Scholarship application to be submitted to Newton Education Services by Thursday, October 14, 2021. For more information, about how to apply for the scholarship, please visit www.newton-prep.com/scholarships
- University application to be submitted to the Humphrey School of Public Affairs after being selected for the scholarship, and with the guidance of Newton Education Services.
Selection Committee: An external selection committee, consisting of prominent experts in the field of development is appointed.
Period of Funding: 2 years
Application Deadline: Thursday, October 14, 2021 at 11.59 pm Cairo time.
For more information please open this link