2021 Software Engineering Internship – Sofia
Engineering, University in Sofia, BulgariaApply Now
About the Role
Do you want to know how our backend systems can scale to thousands of trips per hour? Take your curiosity one step further and make something that people use every day. Something that changes the physical world–and does it fast. We still have a long way to go. Hop in and help us get there. We hire great people with a diverse range of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions of users. Our technology allows us to move the physical world: we believe that, through innovation and entrepreneurship, we can have a meaningful impact on cities around the world.
As a future Uber intern, you are:
- Naturally curious. You’re innovative and creative in your problem-solving and you constantly search for ways to tweak and optimize processes.
- Fast learner. We’re looking for interns who thrive with learning new technologies and don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the needs of our substantial growth and constantly evolving business environment.
- A great teammate. You believe that you can achieve more on a team — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others’ candid feedback for continuous improvement.
Actively pursuing a Bachelor (3rd or 4th year), Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical subject area with a graduation date no earlier than December 2021.
- Proven software engineering experience through previous internships, work experience, hackathons, coding challenges, and/or publications
- Available for a minimum of 4 months and a maximum of 6 months and to start the internship in Feb/March 2021
- Above-average monthly internship allowance, housing stipend, and Uber credits
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built – we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally
- Receive mentorship from Uber engineers to guide you through your summer experience
- Build personal networks and friendships with hardworking people who share your passion for technology in a lively international work environment
- The possibility of joining the team permanently in the future
Please Note: Work authorisation in Bulgaria is required
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.Apply Now
See our Candidate Privacy Statement>
Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information please open this link