‘Audit Asia’ is a shared audit services unit of five CGIAR centers – Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR), Bogor, Indonesia; International Rice Research Institute (IRRI), Los Banos, Philippines; International Water Management Institute (IWMI), Colombo, Sri Lanka; WorldFish, Penang, Malaysia; AfricaRice, Bouake, Côte d’Ivoire; and World Vegetable Center, Tainan, Taiwan.
The main aim of the unit is to provide independent, objective assurance and consulting activities designed to add value and improve operations of member centers.
Audit Asia seeks applications from students who are looking to gain professional experience in the field of auditing. Motivated individuals with the following will be considered for the internship:
- Registered or part-qualified students with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Sri Lanka (CA Sri Lanka)/Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)/Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT)/Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA).
- Undergraduates or graduates with a bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Finance or Accounting.
- Excellent command of the English language (written and oral).
- Ability to comprehend complex written material.
- Ability to maintain information in a database in a methodical and objective manner.
- Proﬁciency in using Microsoft Oﬃce software (speciﬁcally Excel and Word).
- Experience in using auditing software would be an added advantage.
- Strong self-motivation while being a team player.
- Integrity is of utmost importance.
During this internship, the intern will assist in the following areas:
- Provide shared internal audit services (preparing terms of reference [ToR] and notification letters, and assist in the preparation of presentations related to audits using the PowerPoint template).
- Assist the Director – Internal Audit and Manager – Audit Asia, and other internal auditors in data analytical operations.
- Maintaining internal audit documentation in TeamMate Audit Management Software System.
- Perform other related duties from time to time as required.
As an intern within the Audit Asia team, you will gain a broad understanding of audit procedures and processes in an international organization.
Please note that the internship will be on a teleworking basis due to the prevailing Covid-19 pandemic and travel restrictions. Duration of the internship is one year. This is a nationally recruited internship and only Sri Lankan residents are eligible to apply.
To apply for the internship, visit www.iwmi.org/jobs. Applications must be submitted by 24:00 (Colombo time) on October 19, 2020 (Monday).
The International Water Management Institute (IWMI) is an international, research-for-development organization that works with governments, civil society and the private sector to solve water problems in developing countries and scale up solutions. Through partnership, IWMI combines research on the sustainable use of water and land resources, knowledge services and products with capacity strengthening, dialogue and policy analysis to support implementation of water management solutions for agriculture, ecosystems, climate change and inclusive economic growth. Headquartered in Colombo, Sri Lanka, IWMI is a CGIAR Research Center and leads the CGIAR Research Program on Water, Land and Ecosystems (WLE). www.iwmi.org
IWMI is an equal opportunity employer and emphasizes the importance of regional and gender diversity and inclusiveness in identifying candidates for this internship and its staff more generally.
For more information please open this link