How can we protect biological diversity and stop the 6th mass extinction?
The Trust for Sustainable Living is pleased to invite schoolchildren around the world to share their ideas to help protect the Earth’s precious biological diversity.
Following on from the success of the first online International Schools’ Debates and Summit, next year’s Debates will also take place online to help support the broadest possible participation of schoolchildren from around the world.
The competition is aimed at primary and secondary school students, supported by Teacher Champions, parents and schools. To participate, schools simply need to register a Teacher Champion to coordinate on their behalf.
One overall Grand Prize trophy winner will receive a free international trip to a TSL Summit, including £500 spending money. The Top 10 essay medallists will receive eco-friendly e-medals with redeemable gift tokens included. All participating Teacher Champions, Essay Finalists & Honourable Mentions, and International Debate participants, will receive personalised e-certificates.
- 8 September 2020Registration opens for Teacher Champions/Schools to participate in TSL 2021 Essay Competition
- 23 December 2020Final deadline for essay entries
- 15 February 2021Announcement of international essay competition Finalists & Honourable Mentions
- 8 March 2021Grand Prize Trophy Winner & Top Ten Medallists notified (confidentially)
- 15 February – 15 June 2021Country Debates
- 5 July 2021Teacher Champions Exchange (online)
- 6 July 2021International Schools Debate & Awards (online)
- 7-10 July 2021Partner Power Summit (online)
For more information please open this link