Applications for the EY Entrepreneurial Winning Women EMEIA™ 2021 programme are now open
EY South Africa’s Entrepreneurial Winning Women executive leadership programme identifies a select group of high-potential women entrepreneurs whose businesses show real potential to scale; and helps them do it.
As the world leader in advising, guiding and recognising entrepreneurs, we know that access to successful role models and business-building networks is critical for enabling entrepreneurs to realise their ambition.
In these unprecedented times, we remain committed to helping female founders with the challenges of the “now,” and help them prepare for the opportunities in the “next” and “beyond.” The EY Entrepreneurial Winning Women™ South Africa 2021 programme seeks a new cohort of ambitious women entrepreneurs to provide them with the advice, resources and access they need to unlock their full potential and reframe their future.
EY celebrates ambitious women entrepreneurs and supports them as they become market leaders and define what’s possible through the EY Entrepreneurial Winning Women™ programme. In an exciting development to the programme successful applicants for this year’s class from South Africa will join the newly formed EMEIA Entrepreneurial Winning Women Class of 2021.
The EY Entrepreneurial Winning Women™ 2021 programme seeks a new cohort of ambitious women entrepreneurs to provide them with the advice, resources and access they need to unlock their full potential and reframe their future.
Make sure to review the application criteria below before applying.
- 77% of past participants said the programme helps them find advisors and role models
- On average, Winning Women see a 35% bump in compound annual growth rate
- Their organisational headcounts grow on average +166% after joining the programme
- To date there have been more than 750 participants globally in 48 countries
Applications for the 2021 programme across Europe, Middle East, India and Africa (EMEIA) are now being accepted! The new class will be announced in October.
Entrepreneurial Winning Women join an international network of women entrepreneurs and participate in a bespoke executive education programme with year-round activities designed to:
Expand their knowledge with the latest information, research and executive dialogues about business strategies and practices.
Develop the skills needed to effectively identify potential partners, strategic alliances, customers and suppliers as well as find routes to prospective sources of capital.
- Provide access to informal, one-to-one guidance and support
- Strengthen their executive leadership and business skills and identify opportunities to grow through meetings with senior advisors and seasoned entrepreneurs
- Increase visibility for themselves and their companies among corporate executives, investors and the media, creating possible new collaborations and opportunities
- Provide a gateway to a global community of successful women entrepreneurs and inspiring peer role models who, in 2020, numbered more than 750 across 48 countries
Entrepreneurial Winning Women will be expected to demonstrate the necessary qualities to take the fullest advantage of this opportunity, including ambitious company growth goals, energy, creativity, entrepreneurial purpose and passion.
What we are looking for
Women entrepreneurs who:
- Are owners/founders/co-founders/CEOs with a substantial ownership of the business
- Demonstrate the passion to grow their business and scale up internationally
Applicants must fit the following criteria to participate:
- Have a substantial ownership of the business – at least 50%.
- Provide complete and full financials in addition to completing application form financials.
- Provide colour high resolution professional photograph in jpg format.
- Have decision making roles and demonstrate passion to grow their business and scale up.
- Businesses must be at least three years old and have reported at least R3.5m revenue during the past two years.
Applicants who are selected must be able to attend and fully participate in:
- Three day (3–4 hours each day) virtual Conference in October 2021, dates TBC
- Monthly one-hour virtual sessions between November 2021 and June 2022
Note: The conferences and all sessions will be delivered in English.
Engaging more than 500 founders worldwide since inception, our Entrepreneurial Winning Women programme provides access to high-value networks and creates affirming communities of women entrepreneurs across the globe. Studies show these close connections among women entrepreneurs is a key factor to their long-term success.