BI PRESIDENTIAL SCHOLARSHIP
Awarded to students with superior academic records, this scholarship is open to Norwegian and international applicants admitted to MSc programmes at campus Oslo or campus Bergen.
Candidates with an overall GPA of A on the ECTS scale or equivalent a top-level grade on international grade scales are eligible.
Only candidates who are admitted to a Master of Science degree programme or are enrolled in/have completed the 3rd year of BI’s Siviløkonom programme are eligible.
The BI Presidential Scholarship is open to international and Norwegian applicants.
The BI Presidential Scholarship is open to applicants to all Master of Science programmes with the exception of the BI-Luiss Joint Masters in Marketing.
How to apply:
- Write a scholarship application letter, maximum one-page, outlining why you are deserving of this scholarship and how your academic record qualifies you for consideration.
- Upload the scholarship application letter on the online application portal along with all the required documentation to be evaluated for admission to a Master of Science programme. The scholarship application will only be considered if an offer of admission is accepted.
Students currently in the 3rd year of BI’s Siviløkonom programme can apply in their third year by sending a scholarship application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: BI Presidential Scholarship Application.
Scholarship applications must be received by 1 March.
Applications from Sivøk students must be received by 1 March.
Selection of Recipients:
BI Norwegian Business School aims to build a diverse and international student body.
- Only applicants who have been admitted to a Master of Science programme and have applied as instructed will be considered.
- BI ensures distribution of scholarships among MSc programmes.
- Priority may be given to applicants from selected countries, selected partner schools of BI, or enrolled in priority master’s programmes.
- All candidates will be assessed according to the ECTS scale. Applicants with international bachelor’s degrees will have their grades converted to the ECTS scale.
- Other factors that may influence ranking can be other academic achievements, GMAT/GRE/CAT scores, extracurricular achievements, and special personal achievements.
- Preference is given to applicants seeking to earn their first master’s degree.
- Scholarship offers are not sent with offers of admission. Applicants are recommended to accept the offer of admission while awaiting scholarship decisions.
- Scholarship offers will be sent to selected candidates throughout the admission cycle. All scholarships will be awarded by the end of April with the exception of the A. Wilhelmsen Foundation Scholarship and the BI-Luiss Joint Master in Marketing Scholarship which are awarded later in the spring.
- International applicants for the BI Presidential Scholarship will also be considered for the MSc International Scholarship.
Scholarship decisions cannot be appealed.
Norwegian Recipients: Scholarships will cover full tuition fees for each semester, for up to two years, if the student achieves the academic progression requirements.
International Recipients: Scholarships will cover the full tuition foees and a stipend for each semester, for up to two years, if the student achieves the academic progression requirements. The stipend is to assist with living expenses but does cover all expenses (ca. 70%).
Academic Progression Requirements:
All candidates must meet academic progression requirements in order to maintain their scholarship.
- Full study progression (30 ECTS) in each semester.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of a “B” on the BI ECTS scale after completion of each academic semester.
- Candidates who are awarded the BI Presidential Scholarship must be prepared to be “BI Ambassadors”, acting as spokespeople, assisting in recruitment efforts and promoting a good study environment. The details regarding responsibilities will be specified in the Scholarship Contract.
Number of Scholarships:
A maximum of 25 scholarships for international applicants and 15 scholarships for Norwegian applicants are available.
- You may apply for more than one scholarship; however, BI Norwegian Business School will award only one scholarship per student.
- Awarded scholarships are tied to academic programme and campus, and are not transferrable.
- International candidates who are eligible for a student loan in Norway from Lånekassen (180 ECTS bachelor degree from a Norwegian educational institution) may apply for the BI Presidential Scholarship or the A. Wilhelmsen Foundation Scholarship. Candidates will be considered as domestic applicants for the purposes of the BI Presidential Scholarship and therefore do not qualify for the stipend for living costs.
- Candidates who have already earned a master’s degree are not given priority for scholarships.
Only candidates admitted to a Master of Science programme commencing Autumn 2022 will be considered for this scholarship.
For more information please open this link