Call for Applications
The 27th Eco-generation Regional Ambassadors
Eco-generation would like to announce a call for applications for the 27th Eco-generation Regional Ambassadors Program.
Eco-generation Regional Ambassador is an elite position awarded to youth aged between 13 and 24 qualified to represent Tunza Eco-generation, an environmental networking platform for children and youth around the world. Eco-generation Regional Ambassador Program provides exceptional experiences with the opportunities to actively plan, to execute or participate in various environmental awareness programs in each region and country.
As a representative to Tunza Eco-generation, Eco-generation Regional Ambassador must embody the spirit and values of Tunza Eco-generation. Eco-generation Regional Ambassadors must take on various roles to promote and raise environmental awareness for each region and country they represent.
Eco-generation Regional Ambassadors would carry the voice of the future generations at an international level. Since new visitors will gain their first impression of Tunza Eco-generation through Eco-generation Ambassadors, the Ambassdors are also expected to be knowledgeable on current environmental issues and on information about Tunza Eco-generation platform as well.
We look forward to many applications from youths who are eager to protect the planet Earth.
– All Tunza Eco-generation members aged between 13 and 24 (as of August 16th 2021) who are enthusiastic to spread news and stories about their local environmental issues at a global level.
– The 27th Eco-generation Regional Ambassadors (hereinafter referred to as ‘Ambassador’) shall be in the position for six (6) months from September 2021 until February 2022.
– 60% Application Form + 40% Activity Points
– Six (6) month of coverage plan should be stated based on concrete action plans.
– Any false information on an application form can cause disqualification or cancelation of position even after being selected.
– Any unfair practice in gathering activity points can cause disqualification.
*For detailed information on the point system, please refer to the Notice [World] Guide to the Activity Point System.
Eco-generation team shall strictly disqualify any candidates who have accrued the points in an unfair way.
*Examples of unfair practice in gathering activity points are as below:
– Uploading many short, pointless articles with only a few lines long within a short period of time.
– Dividing one article into multiple articles just to increase the number of articles.
– Writing short & half-hearted comments without actually reading articles.
– Secretly writing comments on old articles are also regarded as cheating.
4.1. Mandatory Duties
– An Ambassador must post at least 2(Two) reports per month in regards to the environmental issues taking place in his/her region.
– An Ambassador should check the e-mail box and Eco-generation Ambassador Forum often so as to promptly respond to Eco-generation team’s notice.
– If there is any change in the personal information such as e-mail, contact number and home address, a revised ‘Consent to Use of Personal Information’ form must be submitted to the Eco-generation team via email(email@example.com) within 1(One) week.
4.2. Optional Duties
– An Ambassador can voluntarily plan and execute campaigns and events to raise environmental awareness and to promote TUNZA Eco-generation in their local communities. (This part can be temporarily postponed due to COVID-19).
– An Ambassador should try to leave comments on other Ambassador’s reports after carefully reading them as often as possible for active idea exchange and for encouraging each other’s efforts and campaigns.
– An Ambassador should try to join various events including Monthly Events, Essay Competition and etc. on Tunza Eco-generation website.
5. Benefits of Completion
– Improvement of personal environmental leadership skills.
– Enhancement of promotions for one’s organization and (or) environmental awareness programs.
– Online mentoring provided by mentors to their Ambassador Reports.
– Promotional goods can be provided for environmental awareness campaigns to be planned and executed by the Ambassador :
∙ Ambassadors who successfully posted 4(Four) mandatory reports by the end of second month can request Ambassador Goods and Promotional Goods.
∙ Eco-generation doesn’t take responsibility of tax payment including tariff on the requested goods.
∙ There are countries which up to 2kg of promotional goods can be sent.
※ Due to COVID-19, the shipment availability of promotional goods may change depending on the current Korea Post (EMS) situation in the third month, November 2021.
– Certificate that verifies successful completion of the Ambassador’s duties.
– Reference letters (Please refer to Section 7. Reference Letter).
– The 3(Three) best ambassador reports will be published on the monthly Tunza Eco-generation Newsletter which is publicly released to Tunza Eco-generation members.
– Recognition of the The Most Inspirational Ambassador of the term’ shall be given to 1(One) Ambassador who demonstrates the most passionate and active environmental activities as well as participating in various events of Tunza Eco-generation. A certificate and souvenir will be given to the Most Inspirational Ambassador at the end of the term. The process and final decision on the selection shall be planned and confirmed by the Eco-generation team.
6. Extension of Ambassador Term
– A current Ambassador who has successfully completed both mandatory and optional duties will get the privilege of being selected without the screening process. If the current Ambassador wishes to make the term extension, he or she needs to have written all of the required 12 reports (2 per month X 6 months) before the application deadline of the new ambassador term (by August 16th 2021).
– In spite of the privilege of screening exemption, the 6 (SIX) months coverage plan and the motivation should be filled up in the Application form Page and submitted within the application deadline. In short, the application form submission is required in the same way but the contents of it won’t have an effect on the result.
– A current Ambassador who has failed to complete the mandatory duties or misbehaved shall be regarded as a new applicant.
– An Ambassador can broaden their region to the continental level upon their request after successfully covering their country 1 (ONE) year straight. However, if the Ambassador covers one’s country only during the continental ambassadorship period, his/her coverage will return to the country level in the next term.
– An Ambassador can cover only 1 (ONE) country/continent during the ambassador term.
– Examples of improper behaviors which may cause disqualification of term extension include the following:
∙ Irregular posting of ambassador reports.
∙ Violation of copyright law.
∙ Insincere communication such as not responding Eco-generation’s notice e-mails.
∙ Ignoring other Ambassadors’ activities such as not putting comments on their posts.
∙ Cancelation of events after receiving Eco-generation’s promotional goods.
7. How to Apply
– Visit Tunza Eco-generation Home>Our Actions>Ambassador Program>Application form (tab)
– Please submit your plan on what and how you will cover your issues for the next 6 (six) months if you become an ambassador to your country.
– You can check the status of your application at Home>Our Actions>Ambassador Program>My Page (tab)
– We do not accept any recommendation letter from other organizations.
– By using our Services you agree to provide true, accurate and current information solely for the Eco-generation Regional Ambassadors program.
– If any of mandatory information is missing, application will be disqualified.
– Basically, 1 (one) Ambassador shall be selected for each region and country. However, if applicants have distinctive environmental experiences or 6 months coverage plans, multiple Ambassadors can be selected for one region or country.
– We announce the selection announcement only through our website and email. If a selected Ambassador does not respond to Eco-generation’s confirmation request e-mail within 3 business days, the selection will be automatically canceled and the opportunity will be given to the next candidate.
– Only one entry per applicant is allowed. Multiple applications will not be accepted.
– Paper and e-mail applications will not be accepted.
– Incomplete applications will not be considered.
– Belated applications via email will not be considered.
– Deadline for application is 16th August, 2021 (Midnight, GMT+0).
10. Result Announcement
– Announcement will be on 23rd August, 2021 on Tunza Eco-generation website as well as through private email. Please check our website and your email inbox to confirm the result.
※ Please take your time to go through all of the revised changes in the Application Details stated above.
Are there other qualifications for Eco-generation Regional Ambassadors?
– Environmentally friendly mind
– Integrity, fair practices
– Active participation in Tunza Eco-generation programs
– Internet-friendly environment
– Good at utilizing SNS
Is there anything an Eco-generation Regional Ambassador should be cautious regarding posting articles?
– Ambassador articles largely copied from other sources will not be allowed.
– Violation on the copyright law will be dealt seriously.
– Inappropriate articles which violate the copyright law, provocative and (or) insulting can be deleted without any prior notice.
– Irregular article uploading may cause disadvantage in ambassador term extension.
– Articles unrelated to environmental issues will not be counted as the ambassador article.
– Articles which simply contain links of other environmental news will not be counted as an ambassador article.
– An article should contain more than 4 paragraphs or it won’t be regarded as an Ambassador article.
– An article with only a few contents which would not normally be regarded as an article.
How can an Ambassador get a Reference Letter?
– TUNZA Eco-generation doesn’t provide any form of letters for college or university admissions.
– A reference letter can be issued only for ambassadors who have completed the first 3 months successfully (Minimum 6 articles regularly uploaded).
– Format and details for any recommendation letter should be provided by the applicant.
-The request should be made at least 2(Two) weeks prior to the due date.
How can an Ambassador get EXTRA promotional goods for a campaign?
– Ambassadors cannot request extra promotional goods other than the certain period of request.
I’ve submitted my application – is there any way for me to check if it has been submitted correctly?
– You can check the status of your application by clicking the ‘My Page’ tab on top of this page or at Home>Our Actions>Ambassador Program>My Page (tab)
What should I do if I can’t upload two (2) articles a month?
– There may be Ambassadors who cannot keep with the posting schedule for a while due to exams or other important events. Ambassadors who are in such situations can send an excuse e-mail to the mentors explaining the situation with a concrete catch up plan. If Eco-generation Team agrees on the situation and catch up plan, the Ambassador can delay the posting schedule during the term specified on the excuse e-mail.
– If the absent period is too long (more than 2 months in a row), there can be significant disadvantage in Ambassador term extension.
If you have any inquiry not answered in the above application details and FAQ, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please open this link