THE CALL FOR POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH ASSOCIATE APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2022-23 ACADEMIC YEAR IS NOW CLOSED
THE CALL FOR EARLY CAREER SCHOLAR APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2022-23 ACADEMIC YEAR IS EXTENDED TO JANUARY 10, 2022 – SEE BELOW
FOR ANSWERS TO DETAILED APPLICATION QUESTIONS PLEASE SEE OUR FAQ PAGE: HTTP://PIIRS.PRINCETON.EDU/FUNGGFP/CALL-APPLICATIONS/ADDITIONALINFO
Eligibility Criteria for Early-Career Scholars:
1. Early-career scholars will be appointed at the rank of Visiting Research Scholar. Eligible are scholars who received their Ph.D. or equivalent within 10 years of the proposed start date of the fellowship: for the 2022-23 program that is no earlier than September 1, 2012. No exceptions will be made. The receipt of the Ph.D. is determined by the date on which all requirements for the degree at the applicant’s home institution, including the defense and filing of the dissertation, were fulfilled.
2. Early-career applicants must hold a faculty appointment, a professional research appointment, or be established independent scholars outside the United States at the time of application, to which they are expected to return at the conclusion of the fellowship.
3. Fellowships will be awarded to candidates who have already demonstrated outstanding scholarly achievement and exhibit unusual intellectual promise but are still at the beginning of their careers. Criteria for the fellowship include the strength of the candidate’s research projects, the relationship of those projects to the program’s theme, the candidate’s previous scholarly work, the candidate’s ability to contribute to the intellectual life and intellectual exchange of the program, and the candidate’s work experience outside the United States. The selection committee is looking to establish a cohort of fellows whose work represents diverse analytical approaches and disciplinary backgrounds and addresses a wide variety of regions.
4. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
5. If COVID-related health and travel laws and University policy prevent a phyisical residency at Princeton, Fellows will remain in their home country and participate in the program remotely. If restrictions are lifted, then Fellows would be required to be in residence in Princeton or the local vicinity, or demonstrate to the program’s satisfaction the ability to be on campus on a daily basis and on short notice in order to fulfill responsibilities relating to in-person participation, office hours, and the like. Whether a Fellow is appointed virtually or physically, they will be expected to participate in a course related to the theme of study, attend seminars, workshops and other events organized by the program, as well as present their ongoing projects in seminars. Fellows will have access to Firestone Library and will be able to engage in a wide range of events and activities across campus.
The following items must be submitted by the applicant, in English, by January 10, 2022 (11:59 p.m. ET):
* Cover letter (1.5 pages maximum)
* Curriculum Vitae (including publications)
* Research proposal (maximum of 3 pages, single spaced)
* One writing sample (article or book chapter, maximum of 50 pages)
* For those applicants with a faculty appointment or a professional research appointment, an official letter from the applicant’s current employer affirming that, should an offer be made, the applicant would be permitted to accept it and to spend the academic year at Princeton University. If an independent scholar, then a note stating this status must be uploaded.
* The names and email addresses for three referees, who will be contacted automatically by the online application system with an invitation to upload their letter of recommendation to the system by the application deadline. (**Please note: all letters of reference should be submitted by your referees before the January 10, 2022 deadline**)
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For further application guidelines, please see frequently asked questions and answers.
Inquiries about the program and application process may be directed to email@example.com.
For more information please open this link